Layout from Induction Dinner 2011

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pierre, Juan and Chris were inducted into the Round Table (Sandown 150) during March. We had a black tie affair at one of the best restaurants in Joburg. It was so nice to be able to dress-up in evening dresses, as this is not something you get to do every day. The dinner was on the Friday night, and by the Saturday afternoon the pictures were printed and ready to be scrapped. Then came the problem - what paper to use and what to do with it.

I found this sketch (2-23-11) on Let's Scrap (http://letsscrap.ning.com/photo/22311-1?context=album&albumId=2186252%3AAlbum%3A212617)



Amazingly enough when I took the sketch and compared it to the pictures I had, it was a "perfect" match! I once again used a previous Kaisercraft range (their wedding range from 2010). When I started with the layout, I decided to matt on a very dark red to bring in some colour, but once it was done and placed on the Kaiser pattern paper, it just did not look right. Luckily I had not stuck the pictures down, so a pulled of the red cardstock and matted on black, what a diffence that made :-) I mainly used the rub-ons, tags and die-cuts that was part of the range.



Even though the pictures were taken at the Induction dinner, I decided to make the theme of the layout elegant. The journalling and title is about friends and special memories, since that is what the pictures are showcasing.

Hope you enjoyed it and happy scrapping :-)
Posted by Picasa
Share this article :

5 comments:

blade900 said...

Hi, what a beautiful page. I only work in double page layouts as I too take way to many photos. We have kittens at the moment and the first born we knicknamed Zorro as she has a predominent ginger marking on her face. I look forward to seeing your 'babies' online in your pages. Andrea F

sa_homespun / Michelle van Wyk said...

Wow, another stunning layout.. i am really loving your work.. great use of the sketch too.. lovely to see that you are as excited by Lets Scrap as I am.. Love that site.. full of inspiration.

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Very elegant layout! Great photos (love your dress!!!)
Carmen

k wallace said...

What a magnificent layout, Jeaunes! I can see from your outfit why you wanted to chose red for the matting of your photos--but, in the end, chose black for this very formal occasion. The sketch from Let's Scrap is perfect for your multi-photo layout, and you have executed it to perfection! Although (perhaps)secondary to this event, friendship is really something to celebrate! I admire the artistry of your scrapbooking!

Betty Anne said...

Your layout is gorgeous Jeaunes, the paper suites the occasion really well.
I'm so glad you have joined Let's Scrap and are sharing your wonderful scrapping talent with us.

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger