GOOD TIMES WITH LET'S GET SKETCHY

Monday, June 16, 2014

Hello there, today I want to share with you my take on a sketch from Let's Get Sketchy designed by Laura Whitaker.  This was the first sketch I did for my term on their Design Team, I have just not had the time to upload the blog post........... 

 
Here is my take on the sketch!  I LOVED this picture of our little one, that was taken at his cousin's first birthday party, earlier this year.  And when I saw this sketch, I decided to only use the one picture and embellishments on this layout.  
 
 
All of the paper in this layout are pieces of scrap paper that I had leftover from a Jenni Bowlin class I did.  The amazing thing is, that I did this class back in 2008............
 
Here are some close-up pictures.........

The circle in the top left hand corner of the layout, with the photo on, I decorated with a journal card from October Afternoon, a sticker from Teresa Collins with a quote that reads: "Today you are you, that's truer that true.  There is no one alive who is you-er than you - by Dr Seuss".  I also added a brad that I had in my stash and the black star is from my Tim Holtz plastic stickers.  I finished the circle off with some hand stitching around the edge.  

 
The circle in the bottom right hand corner, I only decorated with paper and embellishments.  The journal block with the "G" on is from the Jenni Bowlin collection, along with the "GROW", which is the top portion of a bingo card.  I also added another word that started with a "G", i.e. good times, which is also a Tim Holtz plastic sticker.  I added another brad from my stash, hand stitching around the edge of the circle and the scallop sticker from Teresa Collins. 
 
This was my very first time where I did a layout like this one, with detail in the two opposite corners, and I really enjoyed making it and LOVED the end product!
 
Thank you for the visit! 
Share this article :

0 comments:

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Jeaunes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Inspired by Sportapolis Shape5.com
Proudly powered by Blogger